If you’re in the wedding industry in the south you’ve heard of Lowndes Grove Plantation—and for obvious reasons! This venue is one of a kind located near the heart of downtown Charleston and situation right on the water.
With this waterfront location and dock access makes for the perfect boat ride getaway! Talk about doing something unique and spectacular! There’s also plenty of parking to accommodate a large number of party guests.
Lowndes Grove Plantation is owned by Patrick Properties, which also own a slew of other wedding venues in Charleston. The Patrick family purchased these properties in order to preserve them and revitalize areas of the peninsula that need it most. Their business model of special events has been the way to keep these gorgeous historic locations in immaculate condition while providing a gorgeous upscale private location for life’s most special moments.
Facts About Lowndes Grove Plantation
If you’re interested in Lowndes Grove Plantation as your wedding venue, here a few facts you’ll want to know:
- Lowndes Grove dates all the way back to 1786. The property was purchased by the Patrick family in 2007. The dream was to utilize it as a special events venue.
- Lowndes Grove is the ONLY waterfront plantation on the peninsula and one of the few waterfront properties in the city of Charleston as a whole.
- Lowndes Grove not only provides the historic pristine venue, but also the catering, beverage and pastry team in-house. Their customized unique experience for their clients, ensures that each wedding is one-of-a-kind.
- If you’re wanting to book Lowndes Grove you’ll need to do so a year and a half out for a peak Saturday!
- You’ll also notice the River House featured in our film. This is a perfect venue right next to Lowndes Grove to host a brunch reception or rehearsal dinner.
Maybe you’ve already locked down your wedding venue, but you’re still in need of a videographer! Fill out our contact form on our website to see if we’re available for your wedding date 🙂