I don’t know about you, but I (Mer) love checklists! We try our best to make it super simple for our couples. That’s why we created this bridal details checklist! (party dance💃🏼)
One of the most over looked parts of the day can be the bridal detail shots. These are so important for your film because they too help tell the story of your day.
When telling a story we use adjectives and adverbs to enhance the words we use. Details are the adjectives to filmmaking. We could show a clip of the preacher talking about the symbolism of a wedding ring, OR we could overlay that audio with a shot of the bride and groom’s actual rings. It takes the experience of watching a film to the next level.
The first thing we do on wedding day is film the details. We typically suggest to our brides to collect the smaller details in a bag so we can grab everything and go!
Bridal Details Checklist
- All 3 Rings
- The easiest ring to forget is your engagement ring! It feels strange to take it off on your wedding day, but don’t worry we’ll return it soon 🙂
- Jewelry (Earrings, Necklace, Bracelet)
- Hair Accessories (Hair Comb, Head Piece, Crown, Halo, etc.)
- Wooden Hanger (for dress)
- Sash (if applicable)
- Invitations, Envelopes, Ceremony Program, Menu (any paper printed materials)
- Your Something Borrowed & Something Blue
All these details are a given for any wedding! BUT if you want to go above and beyond to make your details standout among the rest here are a few ideas…
- Some of our favorite types: silk, satin, chiffon, gauze, lace, organdy, velvet, burlap.
- Ring Box(es)
- We highly recommend The Mrs. Box (or something like it)! You can order one here.
- Custom stamps are always a sweet & meaningful touch.
- A mirrored tray or gold platter adds an intimate feeling and takes your detail shots to the next level.
You might read this list and think, “that’s a lot!” Trust us, when it comes to details more is always better. You can never go wrong with having multiple options.
We know wedding planning can feel overwhelming at times. Here’s one less item you have to worry about. Go ahead and check this one off your to-do list! ✅
Check out all our wedding planning ideas here 👈🏽